Are you searching for an easier way to keep your entire home clean? The unfortunate reality is that clutter, dust, and other debris can accumulate, so cleaning chores require regular attention. As a result, it may seem like you are always cleaning without actually enjoying the benefits of a clean home for longer than a few hours. This can be a frustrating, exhausting experience. It could leave you with a long to-do list regardless of how much time and effort you just spent cleaning your house. Are you searching for whole-house cleaning hacks that make it faster and easier to see the results you want?
1. The acidic properties of white vinegar can effectively and quickly remove hard water buildup. Skip the scrubbing, and soak faucets and showerheads in white vinegar for pristine results. Is the smell of white vinegar too strong for you? Dilute the harsh smell by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
2. White vinegar also has de-greasing properties that can come in handy throughout the house. Mix white vinegar and water together, and spray the blend on mirrors, windows, and other surfaces. Wipe them clean to quickly remove grease and other residues. White vinegar even works wonders on your microwave.
3. Do you get frustrated by the white flecks that paper towels leave behind when you clean your glass coffee table or other similar surfaces? Use a coffee filter along with the white vinegar to enjoy pristine results without hassle. The coffee filters can also be used to wipe the dust off of the TV and computer screens.
4. White vinegar can be used to remove hard water stains from glass shower doors as well, and an alternative is to use cooking spray to tackle the tough spots. While you have the spray in your hand, squirt a small amount on the door and cabinet hinges that stick or squeak.
5. Do you want to prevent the unsightly appearance of hard water buildup altogether? Get in the habit of wiping down the shower walls, tub, and faucets after each use. A few seconds spent drying off these bathroom and kitchen surfaces can save you from hours of scrubbing down the road.
6. Baseboards collect dust, pet hair, and other debris over time, and one of the easiest ways to clean them is by running a used dryer sheet over them. After each load, take a minute to wipe down the baseboards across one room to prevent thick buildup throughout the house.
7. Rather than walking back and forth between rooms with large armloads of clutter, save time and energy with the laundry basket method. At the end of each day, spend a minute tossing clutter in a laundry basket. When the basket is full, tote it around to deposit everything in its normal spot at one time.
8. Are you making full use of your dishwasher? Rather than scrubbing filthy items like toys, glass light fixtures, and more individually by hand, toss them into the dishwasher. This can save you hours of time that you otherwise may have spent scrubbing. Remember to make sure that the items are dishwasher-safe before cleaning them.
These whole-house cleaning hacks can simplify your cleaning chores, but you may still be looking for a better solution. Do you need help keeping your home clean? Scheduling regular maid services for your home could be the right solution.